We are The Lime Kiln Devon Ltd registered in England and Wales.
Company number: 14681953
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: The Lime Kiln Devon Ltd
Title: Data Privacy Manager
Email address: hello@thelimekilncafe
Postal address: The Lime Kiln Café, Ilfracombe Watersports Centre, Marine Drive, Ilfracombe, EX34 9FQ
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· Identity Data: Name and job title (Does this need changing?)
· Contact Data: Business Contact information including email address and telephone number (And this?)
· Demographic information such as postcode and preferences
Internal Third Parties. Other companies in our group acting as joint controllers or processors and that provide IT and system administration services and undertake reporting.
External Third Parties. Including service providers acting as processors or hosts who provide IT and system administration services and service agents for support and delivery companies for the transportation of products.
Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including solicitors, barristers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the United Kingdom or EEA who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Government Agencies for example for fraud or illegal activities.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six (6) years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data: see “Request erasure of your personal data”, below for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Where we use, providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as listed below:
· Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
· Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
· Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
· Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a Legitimate Interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
· Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
· Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
· Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of receipt of your request. Occasionally it may take us longer, if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. Where you are sending us a request via post rather than email we recommend you send it via recorded delivery to guarantee safe delivery.
ICO, Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR
We adhere to the following principles:
· access to your information is restricted to our relevant trained staff only;
· where any hard copies are created, the hard copies of your information and confidential documents are kept securely under lock and key.
We have registered with the ICO and adhere to the following principles:
· All our relevant employees have received training in how to handle your information. This includes ensuring they are aware of the importance of handling your information safely and securely, and understanding the procedures in place to ensure this happens.
· We will periodically evaluate our database and securely delete any contacts no longer engaged or any information no longer needed by us.
· We have measures in place to keep your information we hold safe and secure.
· All personal information is transferred by secure email to secure servers on site to which access is only granted to key personnel. Where your information is downloaded to be updated, and as a backup to the cloud, it is only stored on personal drives, only accessible via individual log in.
Nothing herein contained shall give rise to a partnership or a contract of employment between you and us.
No waiver or affirmation of any breach of or non-compliance with any term hereof by the parties shall be deemed to be a waiver or affirmation of any preceding or succeeding breach of or non-compliance with the same or any other term.
If you wish to learn more information or have a question about your Personal Data or cookies please email us on email@example.com